Re: The Arabic Abbreviation Dictionary

On 5/17/07, Laith Juwaidah <juwaidah1990 at gmail dot com> wrote:

I don't think we can use abbreviations in Arabic, imagine yourself saying
ذ.د.خ instead of RAM, using the full form is better.

That's the common thinking; but beleive me, it's a matter of usage. When you frequently use and encourage using these arabic abbreviations, they'll become popular and widespread by time, and they will not remained odd anymore (How do you think English abbrev. were created then? and don't you see around you some arabic abbrev. like ش.م.ل. being acceptable and understood by people).

And About the full form, do you want that is better to repeat a term of 5 long words (for example) instead of an abbreviation composed of 5 letters?

That's my humble opinion about this issue.

--
To Do Or Not To Do ..
That is the question