Re: Wordlist

On Wednesday 27 June 2007 20:32:57 Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
> Mr. project coordinator,
>
> I could have few minutes to spend on Wordlist, may I ask your guidance on
> what to start with since my recollection of the project dates back to the
> year 2004. I stopped at doing multiple translations per one English word,
> I don't know if I should continue or the priority had changed. Kindly
> advise.
>
> Ample regards,

السلام عليكم،
Unfortunately, nothing changed, beside the addition of 38,407 terms for
translation from WordNet and the relicensing to GFDL.

In my opinion, it would be better to reorganize the project. I suggest to
adapt it to the goals and structure of the BSD licensed "WordNet" [1] or the
GPL "GCIDE" [2].

WordNet is a semantic lexicon and has a very detailed structure, which makes
it ideal for translation and reusing the wordlist for other purposes, mainly
machine translation.

The challenge is to study ideal ways to take profit from it in our context and
our visions of the Wordlist. So, please investigate this suggestion.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordNet
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCIDE