Re: Re: Translation: Starting Point

>االسلام عليكم
>في إثنين 06 مارس 2006 12:22, كتب Mohammad Halawah:
>> I agree with the solution you provided. I just have an idea the list
>> might find nice. We can list the terms needed an Arabic equivalent.
>> (I am using "equivalent" instead of "translation" coz someone might
>> jump and say this is not CORRECT translation).
>
>	I think it should be a small english-only dictionary for computer sciences. I
>suggest to classify the terms by categories, for example: programming,
>office, internet, games, social, graphical design, multimedia, ... , to make
For our project here we  don't need to go that far - everything here is just in command line environment!
>the equivalent according to the context. The terms also need a short
>definition.
>Does anyone already know where we can find a similar list to not waste our
>time and efforts?

Here is an express list, If you can correct it in accordance with the printed
http://www.arabization.org.ma/Dictionnaire.asp  you have as I remember  :/

If you don't, I'll take care of it as soon as possible.

>> Then setup a meeting includes Arabic linguistics and computer hackers.
>
>	This will need a call to all arabic lovers: Please, if you represent , know
>how to contact, work with, an authority in Arabic, help us get the potential
>list adopted and certified, and get the help of profesionals, because this is
>very serious and very crucial.
>
>> The aim of this committee is to come up with alternatives. Preferably
>> this should be attended by old and young ppl. Old ppl coz they lived
>> both eras (before and after computer boom) and they have some wisdom.
>> Young ppl, because they are the one to use this terms the rest of their
>> lives, and they have fresh ideas.
>>
>> Then next step is to make pools and we all contribute in the process of
>> selecting the "wining" equivalent term.
>>
>> Lastly, our beloved translators use the agreed upon terms.
>
>Can we start ?

Waiting for your replay about the list.

Best regards,

- Anas R.