Re: typing in arab on linux ?

Did you specify the keyboard layout to use?? You have to use the arabic layout to be able to type in arabic!!

On 1/26/06, Martin Granger < moustiquaire at free dot fr> wrote:
I'm pretty sure this is not the right place to ask this question, but I
couldn't find any other place :

Using a mandrake 10.1, I can't write in arab with Open office, nor
Katoob, nor Gimp, although I installed several arabic fonts : the
software refuse to write from right to left, and the fonts look latin.
I don't know what to do.
If this is not the good list for such a question, please tell me where
to ask !

thanks

martin, France.