Re: Arabic letters for folder/file names

On Friday 06 January 2006 19:34, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Mohammad,
Hi Michelle ,

> Which Distribution are you using?
a mix of testing(etch)/unstable.
though I am not an expert to use unstable but I like new S/W.

> My keymap does not more work, since I have upgraded to Debian/Sarge.
> They are really big changes in the console and under XFree86/X.org.
We are running Xorg server.

> Currently I am rotating because I need farsi and arabic for my work.
> I was trying to get the console working with a modified version of
> fribidi so I can use it with "mutt" but as I told you, since Sarge
> it does not more work.
>
> I am sure, we are not allone with this problem.
Yes, and I am realy shocked coz we are using Debian and its widely
deployed.

> And then, a Console Font can have up to 512 characters and
> LatArCyrHeb-16+.psf does not use all.  What I like to get is a
> console font which support farsi, arabic, hebrew, 8859-1/6/9/15
> and I think, cyrillic is not really nessesary.
>
> Unfortunatly, curenly I am "homeless" and need a new Appartement,
> which block me to continue my research and developments.
>

> Greetings and happy new year...
>     Michelle Konzack
>     Systemadministrator
>     Tamay Dogan Network
>     Debian GNU/Linux Consultant
I will send to other lists, If I find solution then I will send back.
--
In peace,
Mohammad