Re: new projects...

السلام عليكم

> Cool, is this part of a larger package ?  We need to think about how to
> populate our directories and it would be nice not to have 100s of small
> packages (or single files) splattered about.  We also need to kinda know
> how often these files change.  In other words, how active are those various
> projects - for if they aren't active we don't need to house 'em locally.

Childsplay is an independent and pretty active project (see its
mailing list). There aren't too much strings to translate (100 for the
basic package) but there are often new games and activities (modules)
that need to be translated. There are  lot of relatively small
projects in the open source world, if they can't fit in a larger
package (Gnome, KDE, Mozilla, ...) we'll need to classify them
(Childsplay may be as SDL programs, because there are many games and
children programs that are made with SDL).

> I don't see why not - but I'm not the only decision maker here.  I'd like
> to know more about the format these files are in and whether it would be
> possible to convert those files into .pot/.po files.  As has been noted
> many times in the not too distant past, we'd like to stick to a single
> popular format on _all_ our files in order not to force people to learn
> and re-learn processes and techniques and since the GNU gettext files
> are the defacto "standard" used for such things we ought to proceed with
> 'em.

These files are PDF files
http://www.pakscot.org/formsys/Ftp/LPI_202.pdf . We agreed on using
XHTML/CSS for the translated document. I don't see the benefits of
using GNU gettext in a rich and complex document.