Re: QAC, Chapter 2: The Official Re-Institution

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <aalarfaj at gmail dot com> wrote:

[snip snip]

> That manager will probably be me, but if anyone else wants to
> volunteer this is your chance! If you just want to volunteer to be a
> member of QAC, say so now please. Ayman and Arafat, you have already
> been drafted ;-)

Abdulaziz, it might be worthwhile to get buy-in even from those you
think or perceive to be on-board (time has a way of eroding things :-)

Ossama.K, don't think you've been overlooked :-)

> Our most important project will be creating the technical dictionnary.
> Well, guess what? I have the whole thing planned out already. Read
> about it here:
>
> http://www.arabeyes.org/~alarfaj/techdict_plan.html
>
> There are still a few things to work out. Nadim wrote a script to help
> us with this dictionary but it still has bugs in it. I would like
> other QAC members to try and use this script and help Nadim in ironing
> out the problems.
>
> You can find the script here:
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/scripts/translate/list2po.pl
>
> And the list it uses and a README file here:
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/misc/tech_wordlist.list
> http://cvs.arabeyes.org/viewcvs/translate/misc/README

I'm unaware of any bugs (but then again I don't even remember now what
the script really does :-), but by all means let me know what needs to
be modified/added/altered.  I, like many, just want to see QAC up and
running (as it is sorely missed) and will do whatever is possible to
assist to that end.

So where are you QAC members/volunteers ?