Re: Translating Debian's homepage

--- Mohammed Adn�¿½ne Trojette <adn+deb at diwi dot org> wrote:
> I discovered some time ago that the website wasn't translated in Arabic
> (even the homepage). Unfortunately, my level in Arabic only allows me to
> review translations, not to make a whole one by myself :-(
>
> So I asked Ossama to translate the home page of www.debian.org when
> he got the time. I hope this will be the beginning of l10n-arabic at
> Debian's.
>
> I am setting up a page with the files being translated at
> http://adn.diwi.org/debian/l10n/arabic/.

As was noted on IRC, the best means to go about this is to upload .PO[T]
files to Arabeyes' CVS repository under the 'debian' tree.  In short,
we'll need a "wml2po" and a "po2wml" scripts so that our various busy
and overworked translators don't have to deal with syntax issues and
can continue concentrating at the work in-hand (there is no need for
them to weed their way through various unnecessary formats).  For the
record, "wml" is the format that those translatable debian websites
are maintained in.

Mr. M.Trojette, you had noted that you'll look into this ASAP in order
to get .POT files generated and uploaded.

Just documenting our "personal" exchange :-)

Thanks & Salam.