Re: KDE Project Update

Hi guys,

First of all, im back to actively being the KDE Maintainer after dealing
with personal/business problems with my previous employer. I am sorry for
any inconvenience of which arabeyes community had to go through to contact
me but it was really a bad situation, guys.

I will be leaving for AMM, Jordan today (3-week vacation) and then back to
(AUH) Abu Dhabi afterwards for a few days inshallah. During that period, i
will be available to answer emailz semi-daily and do the occasional weekly
KDE Sync and ofcourse actively translate POTs and do the good-old quality
assurance! (Maybe then i will pressured to write the automatic KDE sync
scripts because of the slow dial up connection ;-). I am also thinking of
visiting the Jordan LUG and requesting a meeting with my old friend Khamis
Siksek ;-)

The status of our project is as follows we simply cant cant be in the 3.2.x
releses because we have to maintain separate branches (which is harder to
maintain & newbie translators) in our local CVS but we will be certainly be
there officially in 3.3.x. We can always build a local KDE i18n package for
those interested (to truly test the translation effort). Looking at the
statistics (i18n.kde.org), we're 50% in the essential files list. Once we
finish them, Our Arabic translation effort will qualify for official
releases.

The files submitted for KDE CVS (local & remote) have been throughly checked
with homegrown scripts (checkpo.pl and checkpo2.pl). So everybody who did a
translation should find his work within 24 hours on the KDE site (the GUI
stats are updated at 3-4 GMT i think).

for more information, see http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/HEAD/essential.php
Essential files Thresholds:
  kdebase - 75%
  kdelibs.po - 90%
  desktop_kdelibs.po - 75%
  desktop_kde-i18n.po - 75%

The plane is going to leave in 4 hours ;-) and i have to pack my things for
my "first class" and ofcourse will-be-delayed RJA flight. So see you from
Jordan!

Best regards,
Ahmad M. Zawawi