Wordlist Roadmap

I'm taking this conversation off 'general' and bringing it here
where it belongs :-)

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2004 05:10, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > <entrapment>
> > How about this - you give us a wordlist roadmap and when
> > to expect the next release and I'll release a new QaMoose ;-)
> > That's fair - hehehe
> > </entrapment>
>
> Fair enough :) Osamma suggested last week to release it this week.
> We have added lots of new stuff (new_words_Z -> new_words_U).
>
> If you ask me, a nice road map would be to provide a new release
> each time we finish multiple definitions to a single golden file given
> the amount of workers on the project. I am at full_A (for multiples)
> and Osama is at full_Z (for the same).

How about a systematic way to do this.  How about everytime a NEW
words file is completed AND at least one golden file is completed
(with multi-translations) we release (since from what I gathered
Mr. Al-Rasheedan is on multi's and Mr. Khayat is on NEW) ?  I realize
we only care about the golden files, but we need to get from under
the NEW files' shadow.

--- LATER Ossama Khayat <okhayat at yahoo dot com> wrote:

> Maybe we make it for each 100 multi-translation change.

Since we have roughly 80,000 terms, with your suggestion we'd have
80,000/100 = 800 more releases ?  Don't think so :-)

So how about this, complete the multi's on _A and on _Z and we'll
release then we can enact a new rule (suggestion above) and go
from there.

Thoughts/comments/ideas ?