Re: translation CVS trees

> I am not sure what Arafat is doing currently.. but what needs to be done
> is the following:
>
> 1. wget the PO's from the status page
> 2. merge them to our cvs (have our cvs mirror the structure on the
>    status page)
> 3. merge back to gnome cvs (to the appropriate path as per the status
>    page)
> >
> > I must be over simplifying something or another.  Oh well, I tried.
> > Arafat you are on your own then unless you feel the need for that
> > hierarchy is warranted.

Well that's exactly what I am/was doing...

> With that being said, there is absolutely no reason why we would want to
> mirror the GNOME CVS. Even if we were to mirror it, we would end up
> renaming files (since they would be named 'ar.po' per package).

As said for me the Q would be : If I have an alleyoop.po in the Arabeyes
server what will this add to me other then traffic and server costs?
I had once a discussion with Mohammed about server costs and I really
(believe it or not) want to keep them as low as possible, so have the
whole gnome tree would be indeed wast of space and bandwitch, so in any
way a waste of money...

On the other hand Nadim's trues as, as we are a unix project and we host
the Arabic gnome translations we have to be professional in hosting all
the pos; in"representing" the whole gnome hierarchy, like a little gnome
mirror for the Arabic world which is a good thing... This makes us look
more professional and complete in a way by having all what's outa there
and having it done like gnome cvs.

On the sidenote of making things difficult uploading AND downloading on
gnome pos was all time very difficult, I spent last time 6 hours
uploading 70% of the pos I have to the gnome server, this is something I
got used to...
This is not the real problem in my eyes... I think FOR ME the two points
above or points that bother me when thinking about such an action.

yours
Arafat