Re: version 0.2 of Arabic Firefox .xpi and Linux screenshots

--- Ayman Hourieh <aymanh at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I've created a new .xpi [1], a lot of strings and bugs were fixed, the
> location bar is now left-to-right.

Cool :-)

> I've also taken some Linux screenshots [2]
> [2]
http://www.aymanh.com/archives/2004/12/20/second-beta-of-arabic-firefox-10

A couple of odd things with regard to Harakat.  With the 0.1 release
everything looked like it was being rendered properly while with 0.2
the harakat (for some reason) don't seem to be treated as diacritics
and are not displayed on top of their previous characters.

Here is an comparison sample (note the Harakat and gaps in the 0.2 shots),

 0.1 -> http://www.aymanh.com/images/firefox10ar-win-07.jpg
 0.2 -> http://www.aymanh.com/images/firefox10ar-linux-03.png

This might very well be a font issue but it sure would be nice to
know which font was the culprit and to have its author(s) fix this
problem ASAP.  Not sure what Mozilla proper can do if anything in
this regard (since I'm guessing they'll simply punt it off on the
font technology and blame it :-), though it might be worth-while
to ask 'em (just for grins :-)

> Now it's time to localize Firefox start page, and submit the
> translation to Mozilla l10n project.

Excellent - keep up the great work.