Re: New batch for Wordlist

On Thursday 04 September 2003 18:57, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> Just a brief thought - this is what I have in mind,
>
>  1. Tar up our current golden 26 .po files and release as 0.5
>  2. Phase-2 continues (to clean-up and/or salvage any of the
>     files in "bad" directory)
>  3. Tar up .po files then and release as 0.7
>  4. Phase-3 continues (to look into and translate the "new" files)
>  5. Phase-4 to, over the long-haul, continue to search for new words
>     and augment to the "new" directory (scripts will be provided) so
>     that their translation can take place.
>
> Certainly points 2 and 4 above can happen in parallel.  By point #5 I
> mean a "collect-n-translate" effort - there could be those that collect
> and/or hunt for words and those that translate whatever new unique ones
> are found.
>
> Sorry to jump the gun.

Thats cool. I have no problem with the above, I was thinking of how to
tackle the new files and not to repeat the old mistakes.

1) If a word can't be looked up by onelook then it is to be marked with
"# Not a valid English word".
2) If you are not sure of the translation, leave it blank.
3) Names, cities, countries are to have literal translation. No fuzzy.

As for old 26 po files, I will be modifying them based on dictd log and
ammend to them from bad_words.

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)