Re: Wordlist - What's next?

--- Ahmad Al-rasheedan <asr at baldi dot cc> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2003 23:16, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > Ahmad, do please mail me the new 20,000 words
>
> Did I say 20,000? I meant 45,000:) It is coming your way in a separate
> message.

Got 'em - will start processing them as soon as I get a chance.  Will
create "new_words_?.po" files (or similar) based on size.

> > so I can add 'em as a
> > separate new file to be processed and checked for prior existence
> > (ie. to make sure they don't already exist).
>
> Mr. Shaikli, please keep those po files intact. All of the previous effort
> was mainly to reach a clean po files. Just think of a scenario where it
> is easy to maintain the clean 26 files for updates/corrections and a way
> to work on new batch.

No worries, that's what I had in mind all along - the 26 "golden" files
will remain that way until such time that we add to them more translated
terms (ie. make them more golden - platinum - diamond :-)

> > As for a release (and we are beyond a 0.1 maybe a 0.5 or so :-).  I
> > suggest the following - try to come-up with a list of online dictionary
> > sites that might be interested in our wordlist (so we can tell 'em about
> > it beyond the freshmeat announcement);
>
> I already opened a channel with Rik Faith and I will take care of dict.org.
> Your other choice is freedict DOT NET and not DOT ORG.

Great, the more the better.  Once we release something you can forward to
them the release email (which will go out on the 'announce' mailing-list).

> > the more the better - there are
> > plenty of open-source dictionary web projects out there.  Should we
> > also release this as .po files ?  or something else (like...) ?
>
> For me it doesn't matter as long as perl script is modified to cater for
> what ever format to generate dictd files.

OK, then .po files they will remain.

> > I'll try to package something off in the next day or so and upload it
> > to sf.net, etc.  More later.
>
> GREAT!
>
> > Mabrook again and way to go !!!!!!!
> >

> (Spreading out cigarettes).

Yuck !!  Spread Love, Candy, Ice-Cream -- you know good things :-)