KDE i18n howto

resend because I am not sure if routed properly....

I have read this in the KDE i18n howto: (Maybe you need to consider adding it
to the translation how-to doc)

"Think of a file manager, where you can open a context menu on a file and
select View to view the file. In this context View is a verb. Additionally
the window of the file manager has a menu View in the menubar. In this
context View is a noun."

I think with things like these stated clearly in a standard document, we will
save ourselves the time of discussing whether View should be translated to
عرض أو أعرض
I know this may lead to a long discussion but before you flame me, I remember
a thread I followed before in one of the linux mailing lists which discusses
the pronunciation of the letter 'i' in the word 'linux'. When I thought the
thread is practically finished when one gave them a recording of how Linus
himself pronounced it, the thread began discussing why Americans need to
follow Linus' pronunciation. He said they are Americans and they used to
pronounce it as in 'Lion'!!! (No politics here also ;))

--

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA