Re: French and Spanish wordlist

On Sunday 31 August 2003 23:17, hafid71 at gawab dot com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was adviced to see on freedict.de. This is was what I did and I found
> many interesting dictionaries:
> the problem now is:
> - how to extract the list of French and Spanish Words?

Use a text formating tool to extract the words. I used to do it using C
but found out a better way to do it; Perl.

> and
> - how to reformat each entry as in the standard PO files of the wordlist?

Grab a po file and 'vi' it. Apart from the header, you will see the file is
simple. A pair of lines one with msgid "Some string" & the other line
msgstr "Some translation".

> - how you did with the current English wordlist?

Initial work was done by Nadim, my guess was used to create the po files.
If you have a URL for a source dictionary in mind please pass it to me. Let
me see what I can do with it.

Regards,
--
Ahmad Al-rasheedan (http://webhost.fasttelco.com/asr)