Re: Redhat Linux Arabization project

--- Ossama Khayat <ossama at linuxmail dot org> wrote:
> Sorry if I'm late to report this, but it seems that RedHat have
> assigned an Arabization project leader to work on the matter.
> I think we'd better have a look at what's going on.
> Here are some links:
> www.linux-me.org - Main site lead by Sherif Abdelgawad - a RedHat employee.
> (Nadim: remember I told you about this gentleman contacting me about this
> project)
>   http://www.linux-me.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123 - Topic about some
>   people registered and interested in the project.
>   http://www.linux-me.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118 - Project announcement.

Ossama, I continue to think that our distro project and the work being
undertaken by Munzir and M.Alkarouri is worth while and VERY important
to continue in order to bring forth a user's prospective and to put
forward our slant and requirements to what we deem important.  Its one
thing to have RedHat decide on its own with some feedback from the general
public and its another to have the actual users and developers drive what
RedHat needs to include to fulfill our needs (the spreadsheat being worked
on will insure our requirements will be clearly stated).

In short, I continue to see value in what we've undertaken and hope that
is continues in earnest (with or without external collaboration).