Re: kbabel wanna help

--- Arafatm <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> Salam
>
> as all r using kbabel :/ and I think I'll get the
> best support from u when suing it myself :// I want
> to know if anyone can help me with it , first
> problem is afont problem I don't have arabic fonts I

Try to read FAQs on arabeyes.org. You'll find how to
import ttf fonts to linux.

> have to say that I only installed QT kde Libs and

Didn't you install kde base package also? You have to
get that since you need to write in arabic which is
achieved in KDE by using "KDE keyboard tool".

> Kbabel that's all, and second is ther some sort of

Of course there is a dict in KBabel which makes the
translation process so easy ;)

Don't you hear about rough translation? That's
automated in KBabel.

The instructions are:
1. First you have to make sure that you have an
updated translated .po files from the arabeyes cvs
repository. And let's say that you have the translate
dir (which contains gnome and kde dirs) in the path:
/home/arafatm/translate
2. Here we go with KBabel dict; open KBabel.
3. go to the menu Settings->Configure
Dictionary->Translation database.
4. Press Database Tab, then press the buttons labelled
"Scan directory and subdirectories"
5. In the opened dialog, point to the translate dir
(which contains kde and gnome dirs as we said before)
6. Press "OK" Button. The dict creation process will
start and that takes about 10 minutes to finish.
7. After the previous process completes, select
"Search" Tab.
8. In "Matching Method", select select "Normal text"
radio button and all it's check boxes children
"Equal", "Query is contained", "Query contains"; press

"OK" Button to accept all changes and exit from
"Configure Dictionary Translation database" dialog
box.
9. Now we have to tell KBabel to auto-search for the
strings whenever we change to a new message. Open
Settings->Configure KBabel, then select Search Tab
from the right pane.
10. Select "Automatically start search" check box, and
select "Translation database" entry from "Default
Dictionary" choice box. Then press "OK" button.
11. now you'll see the translation in the right pane
in KBabel. You can select the translation by
right-clicking the translation and selecting "Copy
search result to msgstr" from the menu.
12. You can also do a rough translation on that file
or any unfinished file from Tools->Rough
Translation...
13. The last instruction is: If you have any problem
about KBabel, you can join us in #arabeyes channel on
irc.openprojects.net server, or post a mail on the
mailing list.

=====