Re: need your help as soon as possible

On Friday 10 May 2002 13:28, abbas al-mutawa wrote:
> i have mandrake 8.0 and recently i downloaded KDE3 from Mandrake site. it
> is working very well with english, but when i add arabic language the size
> of the most windows is too big. the window is about three times bigger than
> the screen.

That is true .. this is a QT bug that is effecting all Right to LEft languages
.. not just Arabic .. it is a known bug .. and I heard that it got fixed in
the latest QT revision

> also it doesn't display the fonts correctly.

Some windows fonts that are imported to X11 does not have proper Arabic ..
such as Simplified Arabic, Arabic Transperant, and Verd* .. fonts known to
work are Tahoma, Arial, Courier New, Times New Roman.. the decotype Nasekh
fonts does not work ..

> in addition to all of that, i can't configure the keyboard layout , i
> recived an error when i attemp to click on it from the control center.

Do you have XFree86-4.2 at least ? and what is the error message?

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi