Re: Arabic flag in KDE

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:23:27PM +0200, Arafat Medini wrote:
> Mohammed can't I say what I think ? At the end it could be a bug or a
> hack but I think I have the right to express waht I think no ? this is
> not personal but I don't agree with u either I don't want to make it
> politcal and I mean aginst whom I'll do it ? but I think it is a hack ,
> can anyone explain to me why ans israeli flag and not another one ?

Of course you can express your opinions, but political ones have no place on
Arabeyes mailing-lists. That applies to _everyone_ here.

You can agree or not agree, believe or not.. it doesn't change the facts.

The facts are:
kdebase/kcontrol/kdm/kdm-appear.cpp  -- this is the file responsible for the
selection of the flag. The specific method that actually does the iteration
trough the locales is:
void KDMAppearanceWidget::loadLanguageList(KLanguageButton *combo)

You can look at it yourself if you like. You can even write patches and submit
it to KDE if you like.

If you even like, you can look at:
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdebase/kcontrol/kdm/

And go through every single file revision and what has been committed.

The bug report is this: http://bugs.kde.org/db/42/42275.html

The post to kde-devel list is here:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=102074005300792&w=2

We are not in the business of coming up with theories that have no basis. If
you find something that is wrong, you find out what is wrong and fix it..
notify the people responsible and get it working. It is irresponsible of us to
make claims of wrongdoing by others if we don't do our homework first, and
know all the facts.

Thank you.