Man Pages in Arabic (AMAN)

Hello All:

This is my first posting on this mailing list. I am very happy to see an

arab interest in linux. I my self been using linux for several years and

worked with 2 startup companies designing and managing 2 network
appliances using Linux. I am a Debian linux user.

I think one of the much needed Arabization for Linux is translating the
MAN pages to arabic (AMAN). The commands and their options should stay
in english, afterall we want to be compatible with the rest of the
world. As for the description, it should be in Arabic so the user does
not have to learn english just to understand what this command does.

I know that most people want to use KDE or GNOME is Arabic but that does

not really help our Arabic speaking developer community, which what we
should focus on if we want to have more Arabic-friendly software.

I have some ideas that I think worth looking into.

email me or the list to dicsuss this further.

Regards,

Anmar