Re: problem with proxy

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:32:09PM +0000, Nuriddin Aminagha wrote:
> assalamu alykom
>          I have a  problem here and it  is that when I want to connect to
> CVS server using WinCvs
> I cant connect and it says "proxy.******.***.*** does not suppoort http
> tunling" and for your inf. I put my proxy server in its place
>     and thanks

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for that. However, I would seriously
consult your ISP and ask them about access restrictions to port 2401/tcp
(which is the cvspserver port).

If they are not cooperative (which is a pretty good chance, rarely do ISP's
have someone you can talk to who knows anything about what they really
do), then I would suggest you look around on 'hacker' sites for ways
of overriding that.

Many of those complaints (proxy-related) are very specific to the way
your ISP sets things up. Various ISP's in the Arab world in general, for
good or bad, lock everything up and will not know that they are hurting
other people's productivity if you don't let them know. So please, if your
ISP is blocking your CVS access, make it known to them.

The more people complain about it, the more seriously they will take it.
That would be my first option, before trying to override it.

Good luck!