Re: Font terms

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 21:51,Sayed Al-Mosawi wrote:
> 1. glyphs

what about 'rasm' .. the word 'rasm' رسم can hold so many meanings.. one of
those is a glyph

> 2. Anti-Alias, Anti-Aliasing, Anti-Aliased
I used translated 'Anti-alias' to its true function .. Ta7seen al 7awaf ..
that if to make the edges fine ..
تحسين الحواف

> 3. sub-pixel hinting
> 4. unscaled/scaled

mm .. I have no idea now .. I will inform you if I thought of something

> =====
> ---------------
>    Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi
>    Project: Arabeyes Project (TM).
>    Goal: Bringing Unix to arabic world.
>    Homepage: http://www.arabeyes.org

:-) Nice signeture :-) I think our goal is to bring the Arabic language to
the Unix world :-) not th eother way around :-)

Sayed .. You are going great .. Please keep the great work, and as soon as I
am done with the university I will join you, and fix things up to prepare for
the upload of our translations to KDE main, to make our translation there
with KDE BETA2

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi