Re: Hijri calendar system

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 13:32, Hans Petter Bieker wrote:
> Hi!
Hello!

> I'm working on better calendar support in KDE, and in that context I have
> a few questions for you:
> * In which countries are the Hijri calendar used?
It is used in all arab/muslim countries with different purposes.

> * Is the Hijri calendar used for all purposes or just for religious
>   purposes? For instance, would it make sense to have Konqueror using
>   Hijri dates when listing files?
Saudi Arabia uses Hijri dates, both officially and between people,,,
afaik, other countries only use it as a secondary dating system and for
religious purposes..
it would make sense to have Konqueror using Hijri dates when listing
files... even "Windows Explorer" does it.

> * If any, which other calendars are being used in your region?
Calendars...

I think libya has it's own calendar... otherwise most people use thr
gregorian calendar for day to day "date keeping" (that's probably a
residue from colonialism?) but we use different names for the months (3
namings transliterated into arabic: english, arabic, and "is the other
one hebrew?")