Translation Stagnation

Salam Everyone,

I am not sure where everyone has gone. But I am very disappointed
at the lack of commitment from everyone in the translation teams.
The translations have been stalled for so long now, with calls
to resume work every now and then that go completely unanswered.

What has gone wrong? Where is the work, commitment? You realize
that localized Linux can only be as good as the community wants
it to be. If everyone's satisfied with the current progress
then that's one thing. If not, then something needs to be done
about it.

Again, if there are reasons why work has stopped (aside from
personal reasons, you don't need to tell the whole world about
your personal issues), then please do let them be known. If
you find the process boring, non-rewarding, etc. Any problems
you may find, please do make it known. But when work is completely
brought to a halt, and no reasons are given, it puts us in
an awkward position. Yes there is a problem, but we don't know
its reasons.

Even when people post here asking that they are interested to
help.. I expect our veteran translators to lend them a helping
hand, with good information in their replies to them. Isam
has been extremely busy lately (and has let us know of this
beforehand, so we are aware of it), and Nadim and I simply
cannot answer every question to its end. Others need to step
up and take on the roles of mentors.

I mean to write this post in this very harsh tone. We need
to get serious about what we are doing. You will see this
repeated very often, but I cannot stress its importance,
"If _WE_ don't help ourselves.. no one else will." It's
that simple.

later
---
Was I helpful? Let others know: