Re: evolution

Salam ..

On Sunday 07 April 2002 11:17 am, Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi wrote:
> KMail.po can be useful for you when you translate
> evolution.

Sayed .. you are doing it again ! steeling words from my brain :-) I read the
emails and I enter to reply with something that is similar to what you are
saying ..

> BTW, we can reuse every tanslation from KDE in GNOME
> to be unified. like Kate w/ gedit and so on.
> What do you think, guys?

Well .. it is not that we CAN use every translation from KDE in Gnome .. we
MUST were it is possible .. that is because we do not need the same terms
translated differently in the two interfaces.. After all we are one team for
KDE and Gnome .. not 2 teams :-) consistency between th same environment and
the two environment is VERY essential .. not JUST essential .. please take
care regarding this issue .. TRANSLATIONS THAT ARE INCONSISTENT WITH WHAT WE
HAD ALREADY DONE DOES NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO GET THROUGH TO ANY ENVIRONMENT ..
inconsistency is not something that we can look into later .. taking it in
consideration while translating takes much less time than tracking it and
fixing it later on .. so please have it on mind ..

--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi