Re: KDE 2.2

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 11:40:34PM +0200, Ghaith Nasrawi wrote:
> Guys,
>
> will the files being translated work on any version of KDE??

Of course! Not 'any' version, but future versions.

> can we see them working on KDE 2.2??

I'm not sure what KDE release number we will be able to get to. This all
depends on the speed of the translation process. Until we get the root
directory and kdebase/ translated, we won't see it anywhere. As soon as those
two are completed (actually, 80% of kdebase/ is enough to get us in), then we
will be part of the KDE standard release.

There are of course other issues like the XFree86 keymap which we are trying
to push so it would be available with the standard XFree86 release (the ARabic
keyboard map). That way, KDE would work out of the box. As it is, even if our
PO's are part of the KDE release, you will not be able to use Arabic properly
unless you have the kymap set up separatenly, which is not available from
XFree86 directly.

In any case, the faster we finish this, the faster we will see ARabic. Of
course, since we are starting late (compared to other languages), there is a
lot of catching up to do..

Good luck, and keep up the good work!
| Mohammed Elzubeir                    | http://www.fakkir.net/           |
| Tech Support                         | http://www.arabeyes.org/         |
| College of Business Computing Center | Homepage:                        |
| University of North Texas            | http://www.fakkir.net/~elzubeir/ |