Re: New memebr

 --- ALI ISMAEEL <a_s_is at excite dot com> wrote: > Hi all
> i am new member here
Welcome Aboard :)

> and i wonder what i can do as soon as possible ,i
> downloaded needed programs
> to statr .
Very Good

> i know vc++/c++ but not professional,
No need for any Programming experience, I know a
little VB, but I can do vey god in translation

> i am very good
> in translaion from
> English to Arabic
Great, that's exactly what we need ;)

> PLZ guide me what i must do now cuz i am so
> enthusiastic to start work
OK, here we come to the important part:
1-You have to have a CVS account, you can get one by
E-Mailing contact at arabeyes dot org asking to have a CVS
account, they'll guide you through the steps

2- Checkout the files from the CVS repository

3- You'll notice that there are files ending in .pot &
each file has a .po file equivelant to it, the pot
file is a template so *NEVER* touch it, all the
translation is in .po files, if there is no .po file
equivelant to a certain .pot file then you've to
create a .po equivelant file.

4- In each file you'll have lines starting with msgid
"blah blah blah", this is in English, the next line
you'll see a line like this: msgstr ""
All what you have to do is to translate the words in
msgid line to Arabic in the msgstr line in *THE SAME
FORMAT*, For Example a normal message would be like
that:
msgid "Hello"
msgstr "مرحبا"

And if the message is more complicated you have to do
it like that:
msgid ""
"Hello & Welcome to KDE.\n"
msgstr ""