Re: so whats the deal here!!

Nachricht vom Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:41:41 +0100:

>Salaam
>what should we do with "Name=Israel"

>i mean adding palistine do desktop.po is very important.

As pointed out in various mails to Mohammed Elzubeir, every team is
asked to create entries in kdebase/l10n for every country where the
language is officially spoken.

Basically, this means you should have a look at the README for
kdebase/l10n and create a flag.png and an entry.desktop file according
to its specs for every country where Arabic is an official lanugage.
All these countries will show show up in desktop.po and can be selected
in the Country & Language dialog of the KDE Control Center.

Please understand that we have to stick to countries which are
officially in existance and to their official names. Otherwise the
whole KDE will be turned in just another theater of war and political
debates. With dozens of old and recent war parties among the KDE
translation teams this could be the end of our work. Please keep
this from happening.

Kind regards,

Thomas
(Paying another visit, still not subscribed to this list)

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/de/