Arabic Keyboard, and Localization (not related)

Salam All, Happy New Year for all those celebrating ( I am not :-) )

I will try to keep it short and clear to avoid any misunderstanding or
confustion that I saw around in the last posts related to Arabic Keyboard and
Localization ( l10n) ..

The Symbol to be used for Arabic Keyload layout is "ar" , it will be defined
in :
$XDIR/lib/X11/xkb/symbols
There is NO other 'ar' Keyboard layout defined, so that would not be a
probelm. Currently Contact with the i18n (internationalization) people in
xfree86 is conducted, it it aimed to add the 'ar' keyboard symbol and it's
definition to the xkb ( X Keyboard).
on parallel ther is issues with the kxkb ( KDE xkb) definitions that has it's
fix going underway. The Arab League Flag will be used to represent the Arabic
Language in the kxkb icon and control Module.

Another issue that seems got mixed up some how to the Keyboard issue is the
Localization ( l10n ) of KDE. Each Arab Country will have it's initial
defined ( standard) and have it's flag defined as well. and Have Arabic
language defined as the Langauge used.

Localization data are KDE relative, while the Keyboard definition ( above) is
for all X window, meaning that Arabic keyboard will be defined for KDE,
Gnome, window maker, and what ever window manager that uses X.

I hope that this is clear now, And I hope that no more confustion and
suggesions for Language code, country code, flag is nessesery.

Have a plesent Holiday ..
--
Yours,
Isam Bayazidi