[developers] Fwd: KACST font & GPL License

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jack Gade <gade537 at hotmail dot com>
Date: Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Subject: KACST font & GPL License
To: "contact at arabeyes dot org" <contact at arabeyes dot org>

Dear Arabeyes team,

I work in a videogame company, and I'd to release one of our mobile
games in Arabic language.

I found on your website the font KACST that really looks great, I'd
like to use it in our mobile game.

This font comes under the GNU General Public License v2 license,  but
the current license allows us to use that font only if the game is
also released under the GPL license, and we can’t do this.

There might be one exception for fonts distributed under a GPL license
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#FontException such as :

« As a special exception, if you create a document which uses this
font, and embed this font or unaltered portions of this font into the
document, this font does not by itself cause the resulting document to
be covered by the GNU General Public License.”

I'd like to know if you authorize us such exception. If you do, I’d be
more than happy to use that font KACST :)

I thank you very much in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Phil