[developers] [announcements at unicode dot org: PRI #231: Bidi Parenthesis Algorithm]

----- Forwarded message from announcements at unicode dot org -----

From: announcements at unicode dot org
To: announcements at unicode dot org
Subject: PRI #231: Bidi Parenthesis Algorithm

The Unicode Technical Committee is seeking feedback on a proposal to
enhance the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm (UAX #9) with additional
logic--a bidirectional parenthesis algorithm (BPA)--for processing
paired punctuation marks such as parentheses. This proposal is
intended to produce better bidi-layout results in common text
sequences that involve paired punctuation marks. Details of the
proposal, with questions for reviewers and a detailed background
document are available through the PRI #231 page:
http://www.unicode.org/review/pri231/

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements

----- End forwarded message -----