Re: [developers] revive duali

   Great!

   I think the transliteration system should be dropped and use
strictly Unicode, transliteration is an annoying, complicating factor.
   It will also be more useful to design a morphological analyser and
generator with finite-state methods [1], which can benefit from
existing tools like HFST [2], Foma [3] and lttoolbox [4]
   I see this as a perfect plug-in project to the free machine
translation project Apertium [5].

   Since it was not announced on any mailing-list: Taha Zerrouki
recently started an Arabic conjuguator, named Qutrub [6].

   -- Youssef

[1] http://www.aclweb.org/anthology/W/W09/W09-0803.pdf
[2] http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/kieliteknologia/tutkimus/hfst/
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/foma/
[4] http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Lttoolbox
[5] http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Documentation#How_it_works
[6] http://http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Qutrub

Note: I CC'ed Duali's main developer, Mohamed Elzubeir