Re: Kacst fonts and tanween

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 02:21:58AM +0300, Muayyad AlSadi wrote:
> the link is interesting and I should read it more carefully
> as for now, and for the sake of argument I'll say I accept that it should be
> مجانًا
> but is this an excuse to hide the alef as a punishment for those who
> misspell it!!
No of course, I just felt I shouldn't let it go without pointing to this
:)

> the involed font is KacstQurn
> (and maybe others)

This happens with all fonts, I found that they have 2 ligatures "alef +
fatha = alef_fatha.liga" and "alef + fathatan = alef_fathatan.liga" but
there is no alef_fatha.liga nor alef_fathatan.liga glyphs in the font.
A simple solution is to disable the ligature, or draw the needed glyphs.

There is a new release of KACST fonts, I'll check if it has this problem
or not, either way we should prepare for a new release.

Salam,
 Khaled