Re: [developers] The arabic glyphs for VGA16 font face are slim

Wonderful. I hope this solves the problem when doing the installation in Arabic and we start getting squares instead of Arabic text.

- Ossama

----- Original Message ----
From: أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy at users dot sourceforge dot net>
To: submit at bugs dot debian dot org
Cc: حسام فهمي <hossam dot a dot h dot fahmy at gmail dot com>; developer at arabeyes dot org
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:37:54 PM
Subject: [developers] The arabic glyphs for VGA16 font face are slim

Package: console-setup
Version: 1.24
Tags: patch

The arabic glyphs for VGA16 font face are slim (compared to latin-based
glyhps), and eye fatiguing (at least for me). So I made a font based on
u_vga16.bdf, where I copied the arabic glyphs from the font used by
acon. The arabic glyphs in this font are not as sophisticated as the
ones that were in u_vga16.bdf, but they are clearer, and of same
thickness as latin-based glyphs.

Notes:
1. This has arabic glyphs only. No farsi nor pashto.
2. The attached bdf file contains only the glyphs that I have modified.

--
أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer