Re: Arabeyes fonts 2.0

On 10/27/07, moayyad sadi <alsadi at gmail dot com> wrote:
> What about the UTF-8 Quranic glyphs like superscript  jeem ج
> for optional pause ..etc.

Currently, we have only standard Arabic glyphs, no Quranic glyphs, no
glyphs used in other languages using Arabic script (like Urdu, Farsi,
Uyghur etc...), Except in the, yet unreleased "Arabeyes Web" font
[http://www.khaledhosny.org/files/pub/ArabeyesWeb.ttf], but we are
planing to add such glyphs in new releases ISA.

> we need to define quality test text
> a sample text that contain
> 1- solid litters
> 2- letters with full Diacritics (each letter followed by two diacritics)
> 3- multi diacritics (shadda followed by Fat-ha ...etc)
I'd appreciate if some one can provide us with such a comprehensive
test suite, so that we can test our fonts against and fix any issues.
Currently we have limited support to multi diacritics, only
shadda+{fatha, damma, ...}, but we need to support sequential fathatan
and like.

> 4- double diacritics differs than tanween
> فتحتان متتاليتان
> تختلف عن
> فتحتان متراكبتان أي تنوين
> تستخدمان للإشارة لأحكام تجويد مختلفة