Re: BiCon issues

On 10/16/07, أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy at users dot sourceforge dot net> wrote:
> as-salamu alaykom,
>
>   There are some issues with BiCon:
>   1. Some errors appear when starting & stopping BiCon in virtual
>      console. Please see start.txt that is attached with this email.
I think debian doesn't allow running "loadkeys" for normal users, look
at bicon script, it'll give you an idea about what it is trying to do.
I usually use my distro's admin tools to set and Arabic capable
terminal font and keymap, then run bicon.bin directly.

>   2. BiCon doesn't update the windowsize when gnome-terminal gets resized.
Even in linux console, it assumes a fixed columns and rows number, I
do use "resize" utility that comes with xterm as a workaround.

>   3. While typing arabic text, joining & RTL is not done. Please see
>      typing_arabic.png which is a screenshot of what happens when I type
>      arabic in a vim session (same thing happens in mutt and elinks).
I failed to get vim to show Arabicx properly with any terminal exept
mlterm, Arabic is missed in either BiCon or putty's terminal.

>   6. When viewing an arabic webpage using 'elinks', the page is rendered in the
>      opposite direction to that it should be, attached with this email is
>      elinks.png, which resulted when I browsed to the website
>      http://islammemo.cc. Note that the menu that starts with "أخبار
>      اليوم" is on the left of the webpage, while if you browse that site
>      using Firefox, you'll find that it is on the right of the webpage.
>      Also please note that the terminal tab height became thicker
>      compared to the other screenshots.
I think this is more an elinks issue, try this in gnome-terminal without BiCon.

--
  Khaled