Afghan Calendar Project, Arabic month names in English?

Hi dear readers of the arabeyes.org mailing list,

I'm happy to announce  the start of the "Afghan Calendar Project" [1]  (GNU GPL).
1: http://www.nongnu.org/afghancalendar

First I would like to thank the arabeyes.org project especially the "ITL" and the  "Khotot" project for their great tools, libraries and work.

Regarding the English translation of the Arabic month names and their short cuts I would like to know what is their standard spelling?
I oriented myself mainly on the spelling used by "hcal". Could you point me to some literature (e.g. a standard Arabic English dictionary) for citing?

Thanks in advance.

With best wishes,
Yours sincerely,
Alekozai