Re: RFC libquran: Architecture

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 11:26:16PM +0300, Mohammad DAMT wrote:
> On 7/26/07, Mohammed Sameer <msameer at foolab dot org> wrote:
> > The Quran text is in the public domain. I guess we can't do this.
>
> Is this the case of _the text_ which we have in Arabeyes CVS?

I'm not sure but I guess that if the text is under the public domain then having a copy in whatever format
wouldn't affect the fact that it's under the public domain ?

I'm not 100% sure.

> > P.S. Why don't we make the storage format pluggable also ?
>
> I don't see any need for this. Except you have some other ideas?

Then we can have for example "of the top of my head":
* XML for development/desktop
* SQLite for the normal distribution
* Binary XML files for embedded where SQLite'd be an overkill
* MySQL for a web interface

What do you think ?

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.