Re: How to enable UTF8 on command line FTP client ?

2007/12/23, moayyad sadi <alsadi at gmail dot com>:
> I'm using command line ftp client and I like to upload files
> having arabic names, so
> How to enable UTF8 on the command line FTP client ?

Both of the FTP clients I use on Fedora Core 6 use the readline(3)
library to read user input, so that's where I'd look for proper UTF
rendering.

Otherwise, Arabic text seems to be correctly handled by the FTP
client. The rendering, however, is not correct (see attachement):

ftp> get "السيرة الذاتية.txt"

 -Imed

--
Imed Chihi - عماد الشيحي