Re: Siragi

try useing a dictionnary of arabic words in place of dealing with
Arabic shaping and segmentation.

2007/4/5, (Imed Chihi) عماد الشيحي <imed dot chihi at gmail dot com>:
Salam Ahmed,

I have started working on an Arabic OCR project and it seems to be
pretty complex task specifically because of shaping and the near
impossibility of segmentation into letters. Does Hebrew require
shaping like Arabic?

I would love to discuss this with you offline if you have some
knowledge obout OCR.

Thanks,

 -Imed

2007/4/5, Ahmed MANSOUR <911freak at gmail dot com>:
> Salam,
> I found a free Hebrew OCR project, it is complet an founctional maybe
> siragi developper may learn from it since Hebrew and Arabic are very
> similar (rtl and the need of shaping).
> by the way, what is there any working release of siragi?
>
> http://hocr.berlios.de/examples.html

Imed Chihi - عماد الشيحي
http://perso.hexabyte.tn/ichihi/