Re: Fwd: Arabic Spellchecker for OpenOffice

Jabs wrote:
Hi Ahmad, thanks for the quick response. I already have such script and the necessary word list developed. I can share this with you guys if you want to go that route. If you have resources that would help in developing an alternate method let me know. I will prepare the necessary list and send it to you by Monday.

How many entries are in that word list ? What is its source ? Any copyright issues ?

Anyway, thats GREAT that you could have this word list in such a short
time. After getting that list, next step would be to try to optimize it
and turn it into a true AFFIX dictionary.

I do have to let you know that many people have argued that AFFIX
capabilities are not sufficient for the Arabic language, but with a few
work arounds, we (Hopefully) could make it work.

-- Salam, Ahmad Khalifa