Re: namazTime 0.9

Sorry for the delay, I was a bit busy.

[snip]
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 12:34:55AM -0400, ahmed wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 22:40 +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
>
> > I don't think you should give it to me or you will wake up one day to find out that I've
> > rewrote the whole thing. Which is something you won't like. I'm serious.
>
> okay -- but speaking of which, if you look at it, the whole code (well,
> the parts that are not glade-generated anyways, total up to 411 lines...
> which means if it'll make life easier to design it properly and rewrite
> it (rather than hack it together like i did) - that its not a bad time
> to do it... i am willing to do this, but i have to sit down and think
> about a good design... right now (as you can tell) there's very little
> distinction between module/view/control... its just one big pot of
> "koshari" at the moment.
>
> do you have any ideas or suggestions with this regard at the moment?

Well, Proper design is good but I'm afraid we might be over-engineering a small project!

> > I don't think that XML is the best thing.
> > IMHO, We can have a file that lists all the available profiles. And one plain file per
> > each profile.
>
> that would work -- i suggested xml because its more structured, but i
> think a big concern with using full xml stuff is being forced to bring
> in a heavy dependency (like expat) to parse it and such and its too much
> of an overhead for something on this scale... so either as you said a
> file per profile or maybe just add some more structure to the current
> file format.

Well, We can use the glib XML parser. It's not a full featured parser but it will
do the work for our small needs.

PS. I noticed that you are saving in ~/.praytime_config
AFAICT, Most applications use a file/directory named after the application
What if someone decided to create an application called praytime_config ?

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.