Re: Katoob and Fonts :-(

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 06:50:54PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Mohammed,
>
> Am 2006-12-16 02:54:49, schrieb Mohammed Sameer:
> > Which font is used for each letter in the file ? I think this is configurable.
> > Or it might be that I didn't get you quite well ?
>
> I have FreeSans, which does not support chinese or nepalese...
> ...but Genial-Katoob show me all correctly!
>
> There is ONLY one Font missing out of arround 186 languages
> tested:   dz for Bhutan
>
> > Pango searches for glyphs in other fonts if the current font can't render it.
> > I haven't done anything to enable that. It "happens" by default ;-)
>
> Grrrrr I eat you!  :-)
>
> Can you change this "default"?  ;-)
>
> The libpango can be asked to tell us which FONT it use...

Merry Christmas Michael.

Well, the problem is that I still don't get you.

Do you want not to render the language if the current font doesn't support it ?
Or do you want to configure which font is used for each language ?
Or is it something else I don't get ? ;-)

--
GNU/Linux registered user #224950
Proud Egyptian GNU/Linux User Group <www.eglug.org> Member.