Re: @Thamer: Prayer Time calculation method for webbased application

Salam Nadim, Thamer & all,

i've been asked before twice to "re-port" the itl-library to php and i've done so yesterday. I'm sending the file for everyone who is interested to review it. But beware, i've changed the structure of the library to reflect a more object-oriented structure. I didn't do it just for the kicks, i do really think, the code is easier on the eye this way and the methods are where they belong now.

The main object is ptCalc, which includes the method "getPrayerTimes". It also includes a ptLocation-object, a ptDate-object, a ptMethod-object, an array of ptPrayer-objects and an astroDay-object. I hope the objects are self-explanatory. Right now, i've put everything in one file, but of course later on, it should be split in at least two parts (astro and prayer)..

As for the ever-green idea of writing a wrapper: i tried it myself, but didn't succeed. Of course this doesn't mean it isn't possible, but i guess it is easier to simply translate the whole thing, especially since i propose a different structure. Plus, i suspect, not every hosting-service provides the ability to include foreign libraries which would narrow down the possibilities for use of this library.

This itl-library-port is still in DEBUG-status.

Salam and regards,

Omar

Nadim Shaikli wrote:
--- Adnan Siddiqi <volatil3_ at hotmail dot com> wrote:
Now I am planning for a Athaan timing calculator software. I came across ITL library. I have not tried it right now. I wanted to know tat did someone has made php/java/python based libray based on ITL or something similar so that I can use for web related projects? I also dont have formulate to calculate the timings

There have been a number of ports alot of which were post about on this list (reminder to self, we should collect all those URLs/lists and accumulate them in a single location). The point that was raised a number of times is that the ITL library is exactly that - its a library. People should be designing front-ends as apposed to converting the actual library and reimplementing it in a different language. If and when the library changes (and it does and will) one should not re-release an application that uses it (given the API hasn't changed, etc).

Hope that helps and if you do accumulate the list of all ITL-based options
out there do please let us know.

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
Access over 1 million songs.
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited