Arabic on cygwin

Ahmad.K, sorry to pick on ya but you did say you wanted to get ideas
on what to work on and what to look into.  Well, here is yet another
topic espcially befitting since you have some experiance on window$.
The topic at hand is cygwin [1].

As it stands currently one is unable to view _any_ Arabic on cygwin at
all and that should really change since it, like PuTTY, is a potential
first-experiance option for newbies looking to check things out and
test what linux/unix and open source is all about.  Ideally, like in
everything we do, we should get the developers at cygwin to see the
value in what we are asking and then get them to upload "UTF-8 Arabic
enabled" applications (such as mlterm, arabic enabled vim, etc, etc).

It might be best to compile these various programs on cygwin and then
offer them to cygwin for them to host it, but in general we need someone
to own this issue to inch it along.

[1] http://www.cygwin.com