Re: Presentation Forms

--- ivon at pads1 dot cs dot nthu dot edu dot tw wrote:
> I found that the arabic_shape.pl only uses Presentation Form-B(0xFExx)
> I can't understand this...  Doesn't it need Form-A?
> um .. I am new to Arabic, and sorry if i am senseless.

The Arabic language requires some of the characters noted in Form-B (along
with a good portion of U+0600 - U+06FF).  Form-A is noted/titled as "Arabic
Presentation Form-A" yet it is not required or used by the "Arabic" _language_
(you can think of Form-A as a derivative list characters that were spawned
from Arabic that other languages are using).

Hope that helps & Salam.