Re: miniBidi

On Saturday 05 March 2005 22:09, Abdulhaq Lynch wrote:
> On Saturday 05 March 2005 21:24, Ahmad Khalifa wrote:
> > Try this...
> >
> > #define BLOCKTYPE QString
> > #define CHARTYPE QChar
> > #define GETCHAR(from,i) from[i]
>
> I'll try this tomorrow, in the mean time I can confirm that something odd
> is happening in the shaping, I attach a simple program that uses minibidi
> and this is the output (compile with
>  gcc qbidi.cpp -L/usr/qt/3/lib -lqt -I/usr/qt/3/include
> )
>
> : char 0 is 643
> : char 1 is 650
> : char 2 is 62a
> : char 3 is 627
> : char 4 is 628
> : char 0 is fe8f
> : char 1 is fe8e
> : char 2 is fe98
> : char 3 is 4082
> : char 4 is fedb
>
> There's definitely something odd going on with the kasra

Ahmad, using the applyshaping=1 is working now (I don't know why it didn't
work before) and consequently the shaping is working too. At the moment the
kasra is being returned as its original value (650). Is this how it is
supposed to be or should it be returning the presentation form (and which one
- fe7a or fe7b, and what's the difference??)

wassalaam
abdulhaq