Re: miniBidi

I've got minibidi working in qt (I got a bit bored and it turned out to be
quite easy to get basic bidi working in qt).

This is qte with no bidi:

http://kprayertime.sourceforge.net/zaurus2.png

This is exactly the same text (i.e., no char 0x4024) with minbidi bidi and
shaping built into qte (note the kasra doesn't work):

http://kprayertime.sourceforge.net/zaurus3.png

And this is a shot of the text editor using an arabic keymap that I prepared
(it turns out that the keymap is just a very straightforward keymap):

http://kprayertime.sourceforge.net/zaurus4.png

The text editor is actually pretty useless for editing arabic because it
doesn't know where each character is and hence you can add arabic text but
editing it is not really possible. At least you can in principle read text
with it.

As you can see I think it's well worth ploughing on and getting minibidi
working well inside qt/e 2.3.

wassalaam
abdulhaq