Re: Arabic on Zaurus/Ipaq

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 04:31, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> On Monday 28 February 2005 17:13, Abdulhaq Lynch wrote:
> > Well I think that porting speex will not be a problem (Ogg is already
> > there and I have speex compiling on the zaurus) so don't do anything on
> > that front.
>
> But it is a waste of resources to leave them. Of course you cannot put
> 200MB of telawa on a device like that and even if you did that battery
> won't let you listen to them anyway :-)

That's true about the humble machine of mine (unfortunately!), but the new
generation of these devices have batteries that will play audio for hours on
end. Also, even the old zaurus which I have takes CF disks, which these days
are not hugely expensive even for 256MB. So let's try leaving it in for now
(if you don't mind) and if it becomes a problem we can remove it later. I'm
currently trying to cross-compile libquran at the moment (with speex format
included) and I think it's going to work OK.

wassalaam
abdulhaq